Leapmotor EV sales start in Europe in September as part of joint venture with Stellantis

Vlad, 15 May 2024

Ever since last year we've been hearing that Stellantis would create a joint venture with Leapmotor, through which Stellantis would offer some of Leapmotor's EVs in markets outside of China. And today this has been made official. The joint venture is called Leapmotor International. Stellantis owns 51% of it, with Leapmotor holding the remaining 49%. Sales will start in September in Europe, specifically in Belgium, France, Italy, Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Romania, Spain, and Portugal.

The European dealer network in these countries should be 200-strong by the end of this year, and go up to 500 sales points by 2026. The Leapmotor T03 compact city car and C10 SUV will be the first two models to launch in Europe, with one new model joining each year over the next three years. The T03 is going to be priced below $21,000, according to Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares.

Leapmotor T03 Leapmotor T03

In the fourth quarter, the Leapmotor International will expand into South America, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific. There are no plans for sales or production in the US.

Leapmotor C10 Leapmotor C10

Leapmotor International holds the exclusive right to export and sell to all markets worldwide aside from Greater China, and it also has the exclusive right to manufacture Leapmotor vehicles outside of China. Tavares says this joint venture enables Stellantis to "accelerate the way to go to market with smart and affordable EVs".

On that note, the models sold in Europe are expected to be assembled at one of Stellantis' plants on the continent, most likely the Tychy factory in Poland.

Source 1 | Source 2

This article contains localized units and prices. Change settings.
Your choice

Related

Reader comments

  • finch

That bellow 20k€ model should be a well deserved slap on the face for Dacia with their Spring, which has reached a 23k€ price for an entry level low quality EV produced in China and sold there for 10k€. The best thing that can happen now is the elimi...

Reviews

FEATURED

Popular models