Leapmotor starts T03 production at Stellantis' Polish EV factory

Ro, 17 June 2024

Stellantis and Leapmotor formed a joint venture last year and announced their first collaboration in Europe in late March this year. A Stellantis-owned EV plant in Poland will roll out the T03 from its production line and sales are scheduled to commence in September. And according to reports, production has already started.

Leapmotor starts T03 production at Stellantis' Polish EV factory

Leapmotor's management confirmed that the first T03 units are being assembled in the Polish facility in Tychy. The affordable city car offers 280 km of range, as per WLTP and a 70 kW motor.

Stellantis' future plans for the Tychy factory include a second Leapmotor-branded vehicle for next year, this time an SUV - the A12, to be exact.

With Stellantis owning 51% of the joint venture and Leapmotor having the remaining 49%, the European automaker is the first one to own the rights to produce and distribute vehicles of a Chinese EV maker outside of China. So, in a way, it's a pretty big deal.

The information comes from analysts at Jefferies, who quoted Leapmotor's managers during an analyst call. Stellantis has yet to address the new development publicly.



Reader comments

    Nothing yet. Be the first to comment.



    Popular models